UL meets the needs of the lighting industry so effectively because we know the industry from the inside out. Our active leadership in lighting standards development committees and industry technical task groups and our participation in global industry conferences and trade shows allow us to deepen our understanding of the ever-evolving lighting industry and to share this critical business intelligence with our customers.
In response to the high-pressure deadlines that are part of doing business in this industry, we have further enhanced our capacity to accommodate short turnaround time requests. UL’s five state-of-the-art performance and energy efficiency laboratories, located around the globe, help speed the testing process. We deliver test results in just five business days for IEC’s LM-79 testing and in seven days for DesignLights Consortium testing.
The breadth of our service offerings enables our customers to take advantage of cost-saving bundling offers and to eliminate unnecessary redundant testing. We help our customers meet the performance and energy efficiency requirements in support of programs such as ENERGY STAR®, California Energy Commission, DesignLights Consortium, Lighting Facts, NRCan and Zhaga. Additionally, UL regularly conducts testing to IESNA LM-79, IESNA LM-80, IESNA LM-82 and fluorescent lamp ballast testing requirements. UL’s trusted expertise and network of accredited global laboratories convincingly demonstrates adherence to safety and energy efficiency standards to regulatory authorities.
The DLC helps utilities create better energy efficiency programs by identifying and verifying the highest-performing products and systems.
The DLC provides technical expertise and a collaborative forum for all industry stakeholders to drive product performance.
The DLC works tirelessly to create new programs, tools, and resources that are relevant to the needs of end users and that push the commercial lighting industry into a more energy-efficient future.
The DLC has ten years of experience promoting energy efficiency in the commercial lighting sector. We pride ourselves on our adaptability to the rapidly-changing industry, our commitment to transparency, and a core dedication to our mission of driving energy-efficiency through lighting. A few of our key accomplishments include:
- The largest verified list of high performing LED lighting products: the DLC Solid-State Lighting QPL.
- Over 40% gains in product efficiency on the Solid-State Lighting QPL over five years.
- The first and only Qualified Products List for networked lighting control systems.
ISO 9001 is an internationally recognized Quality Management System standard published by ISO (International Organization for Standardization). A Quality Management System, as described in the current ISO 9001 Standard, helps an organization to implement streamlined processes and improve operational efficiency. It is based on the following Quality Management principles.
BENEFITS OF DRIVING BUSINESS WITH A QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Certification to the ISO 9001 Quality Management System standard ensures that your business meets customer and legal requirements.
- Continuously increase your performance
- A Quality Management System, as described in the ISO 9001 standard, helps you implement streamlined processes and improve operational efficiency.
- Ensure you’re making the right decision for your organization.
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Quality management systems improve the reliability of your operations in order to meet and exceed customers requirements.
- Enhance financial performance
Would like to get a FREE multiple listing?