- 2018.1.9 Masco Corporation to Acquire Kichler Lighting
- 2018/1/11 LEDVANCE has announced the closing of its Exeter and Drummondville facilities, to be completed no later than December 20182018/1/11 Philips Lighting Lays Off 1/3(118) of Eindhoven R&D Laboratory(at Eindhoven) Employees
- 2018/1/23 Lumileds today introduced an upgraded LUXEON 5050 that sets the standard for high lumen per watt (175lm/W) for high bay and street lighting applications
2018/2/13 Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI) today announced it has acquired Lucid Design Group, Inc
- 2018/2/20 Seoul Semiconductor Co., Ltd. (“Seoul”) announced that Seoul has won the patent invalidity litigation action that was filed against Everlight Electronics Co., Ltd. (“Everlight”) in the United Kingdom.
- 2018/2/15 GE has agreed to sell GE Lighting’s business in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Turkey, as well as its Global Automotive Lighting business
- 2018/3/6 Cree (CREE.O) acquired most of Infineon’s (IFXGn.DE) Radio Frequency Power Business for around 345 million euros (307.40 million pounds).
- 2018/4 MLS has taken over the full ownership of LEDVANCE by means of a share deal with the strategic investor IDG Capital and the financial investor Yiwu. As part of the deal, IDG Capital and Yiwu will become shareholders of MLS via a joint investment.
- 2018/4 Lutron acquired Ketra
- 2018/5 Acuity Brands acquired IOTA
2018/5 General LED Holdings, LLC (“General LED”) completed the acquisition of the Acolyte Group (“Acolyte”), a New York, NY based provider of fully-integrated LED lighting systems
- 2018/5/9 Listing on Lighting Facts is not required for DLC QPL applications
- 2018/5 Osram acquired Fluence Bioengineering
- 2018/5/15 Eaton announced price increase 6%
- 2018/5 Philips Lighting changes the name to Signify
- 2018/5/22 Venture announced 8% price increase for HID products
- 2018/6/11 Fusion Optix Inc acquired assets of Rambus lighting division
2018/6 Siemens acquired Enlighted
- 2018/7/3 Philips advance Signify ballast/driver price increase on select LED product families, effective with product shipments from August 15, 2018. Specific pricing will vary by category
- 2018/7/16 SLV North America Inc ceased all operations at its Tampa, Florida facility
- 2018/8 Halogen light bulbs are to be removed from the market across Europe
- 2018/8/21 Eaton announce the price increase averaging 6% on the majority of lighting and lighting control products
- 2018/9/11 Current, Powered by GE, Announces Price Increase up to 6-10%.
- 2018/9/7 RAB Announces Price Increase of 8% to 14%
- 2018/9/17 Adesto Technologies announced it had completed its acquisition of Echelon with a cash transaction representing a total equity value of approximately $45 million, and a total enterprise value of about $30 million
- 2018/9/13 LEDVANCE Increases Prices Due to Tariffs by 2%-10%
- 2018/9/24 The U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. trade representative(USTR) implemented of a 10% tariff effective on Chinese-manufactured components and finished goods.
- 2018/10/16 Lumenpluse group acquired Sternberg lighting
- 2018/10/18 DLC released the final version of SSL Technical Requirements Version 4.4. These Technical Requirements update consists of new policies that will allow high performance, energy efficient horticultural lighting products, DC and PoE products, and field-adjustable light output products to
be qualified and listed on the DLC QPLs.
- 2018/10/19 ILP acquired the assets of Envirobrite (aka Energy Planning
Associates) and are relaunching the brand under ILP effective immediately.
- 2018/11/2 RAB Lighting Inc. (using the brand RC Lighting) has decided to exit the Canadian marketplace. Our decision was driven by increasing costs and complexity The RC Lighting brand will no longer accept new opportunities effectively November 2, 2018. RAB Lighting Inc. will continue to support the needs of our customers to help
make any transition as seamless as possible.
- 2018/11/16 The Luminaires Group (“TLG”) (www.luminairesgroup.com) today announced the acquisition of
Luminaire Led Inc. (www.luminaireled.net), a New Jersey-based manufacturer of durable and vandal resistant LED lighting solutions. Focused on rugged design and reliability, the Luminaire LED product offering is a complement to the TLG portfolio of award-winning brands.
- 2018/12/3 US to hold off on raising China tariffs to 25%
Say Goodbye to
Envirobrite, SLV, Kobi, and Noribachi