LED Retrofit light types:
There are three retrofit options:
- Lamp – Replace the lamp only with tubular LEDs (TLEDs).
- Retrofit Kit – Replace the fluorescent lamps and other luminaire components with an LED retrofit kit
- Luminaire – Replace the entire fluorescent luminaire, including the housing, with a new LED luminaire
Tubular LEDs retrofit types:
Tubular LEDs (TLEDs) are LEDs that match the form factor (diameter, length, and base) of fluorescent tubes so they can plug into the existing sockets in a fluorescent troffer. There are three types of TLEDs:
1. Underwriters Laboratory (UL)
Type A – The TLED uses the existing fluorescent ballast; the TLED also has an internal driver.
2. UL Type B – The wiring from the existing ballast is terminated, the sockets are rewired from the branch circuit, and the TLED operates from line voltage supplied directly to the fixture; the TLED has an internal driver.
3. UL Type C – The TLED uses line voltage, but electrical connections to the ballast are terminated and the line voltage is connected to an external driver
that powers the TLED.
How big is the LED retrofit market globally?
The global LED retrofit market is expected to reach US$ 4,983.9 Mn by 2026. The market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 9.25% during the forecast period from 2018 to 2026. According to the report, the global LED retrofit market will continue to be influenced by a range of factors such as rising popularity and adoption of LED lighting worldwide. Additionally, multiple initiatives carried out by government bodies for adoption of LEDs in street light applications is projected to boost the global LED retrofit market during the forecast period of 2018-2026. Asia Pacific will be at the forefront of growth, with the market in the region growing at above 10% through 2026.
Industrial sector is expected to be more lucrative for the global LED retrofit market
The global LED retrofit market is bifurcated by application into residential, industrial, commercial and others. Residential sector is expected to contribute significant revenues to the market by 2026 owing to the increased implementation of smart city projects and prominent urbanization worldwide. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of LED lighting (especially the increasing use of linear LED retrofit) due to increased awareness across the residential sector is expected to be one of the primary reasons for market growth over the forecast period. However, the industrial sector is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR over the forecast period. Multiple initiatives taken by governments to spread awareness regarding LED lighting due to its energy effectiveness, and eliminating the use of traditional lamps is one of the primary reasons for the growth of the industrial sector over the forecast period from 2018 to 2026. Many automotive companies from Europe are significantly adopting LED lights, which is one of the primary reasons boosting the LED retrofit market in the region over the forecast period.